Question regarding using scents during late season. . .

Deerthug

DH.. I think deer scents are hit n' miss. It depends on the deer. The older smarter deer will likely circle around whatever there smelling from a distance or ignore it completely. On the other hand, the time right now is right for any does coming into heat that missed the first cycle. Bucks right now know this and will be cruising, looking for any unbred does, particularly the yealring does.

At most all I do is put some doe urine (plain old doe urine) on a cotton ball and wipe it on the bottom of my boots, as a cover / scent trail. Sometimes it works very well, sometimes no re-action at all,. Then again, doe urine is nothing more than a security, "put them at ease scent" but I have watched deer follow my trail and they are far from at ease - they're looking!

The older smarter bigger bucks will likely ignore anything you put out right now. Every trick in the book has been thrown at them since October 15th!

Hunt intersecting trails particularly around a food source right now, and play the wind, is the best bet.