Bellmore Kennels Maine Hare hunting videos

After the loss of my swiss hound, I kind of layed low for a while but I decided to go out 1 last time for the season and I Finally made it up to Maine for a Hare Hunt with Joe from Double D kennels, we had a Great Trip.

Day 1- We woke up to 3" to 4" of fresh snow, and snowed pretty much all day, we ran a total of 6 or 7 Hare , and harvested 2. We both had chances to shoot at the others but were either out of position or just didnt see the hare. Dogs ran pretty well all day long.

Here is the Video Link for Day 1-

Day 2- We woke up to sunny skies and 0 Degree weather, which warmed up to mid 20s. The morning running was a little rough on the first hare, but the dogs pulled it together on the second, as they ran him for 2 hours, and at times over 800 yards away!!

The next Hare they chased will forever live in my memories, they ran from 1130 am to close to 4pm, he crossed trails,roads,swamps,opening, thickets and never in the same spot!!! When it was all said and done, I took 20 shots at him and Joe took 3!!!! He is the Hare in Picture Above, at the end of the video,there is a pic of my garmin screen, just look at the run!!!!

Here is the Video Link for Day 2-

The dogs on the hunt were Double D Snoop Dogg,and Bellmores Shimp, Pup E, Ticked Off Sara, Cee Cee, and Bella! They all did very well, as 3 of them have never chased Hare or hunted on snow!!

A Special thanks to our host Stan Gomm from Boomhill Kennels!!

www.bellmorekennels.com

Edited by bellmorekennels