call making

cbx46

Those are made mostly from scrap pieces of wood using mainly a table saw. That design has been around for years. i just modified it to make it my own. The main diference in them that makes them unique is the copper playing surface After i started making them it seemed like everybody and there brother started using copper. Traditionaly they were made with a slate or aluminum playing surface.

I've made calls from many tpyes of woods but poplar, butternut, red cedar and maple for the box with cherry, maple and padauk for the lids are my first choice. I've made many calls from wood that I got out of my wood pile. I've bought alot of wood off ebay but over the years I've got many suppliers that I buy from now. There are a few forums that you can join that are about turkey call making and hunting. You can gain alot of knowledge from them and make contacts.

I see your from Long Island and 3K. I take it you hunt 3K or have a place up here. I live in 3K and if your interested you can stop buy and I'll give you some pointers.