Hadley Creek

From what I have read, Drury Outdoors have stopped using them. The claim was that to many hunters pass through the place and the same stands get used over and over again. I cannot confirm this however.. I always enjoyed watching their hunts there on dvd. Here is a link of some reviews, some good, some not so good.

Hadley creek.htm

I went there in 2003 i was fortunate to kill a 145 class 10 point. They were in business for five years when i went. Yes i did kill a nice deer but was turn off the more i stayed there and witnessed certain things. For one after i killed my deer they didn't take care of my deer until the third day after i killed it and it started to get into the 70's. When i went to get the deer to bring it to the butcher there they(hadley skinner) told me that the deer was spoiled and threw the whole thing away (I have the hide and rack it's hanging on my wall) I said that sucks i wanted to bring meat home their response was you didn't want that old thing any ways did you. That pissed me right off wasting that deer like that. Second, you are not a hunter your are a number (dollar sign) it is like a meat market just pump number through. Third, I seen this if you miss a deer or a very marginal wound a deer they kind of rub you out and put you on the back burner in there mind you had your chance. Last I think they have too many hunter even if they have a lot of land i have see the quality of bucks have seem to drop. Don't get me wrong they still kill a lot of nice bucks but you think they would kill more then they do. Don't let the pics fool you they use every angle to make them a look bigger then what the are. You don't have the same guide you have a different one everyday. When i went the guide would go hunting after they drop you off some of them would kill dandy bucks ( 170's) on a different farm the same morning you were hunting make you wonder how come you were not hunting that buck. Then you would find out later he's been watching that buck how come the CLIENT didn't get the crack at that buck. Justed wanted to share my experience with you. Just to infrom another fellow hunter. Granded you do see a lot of deer. To answer your question the best time in my eyes to go would be just before the rut. You would save a little money and get the deer still on the feeding pattern and you might get lucky and get a little cold weather and get a rut hunt on a pre rut price. P.S. sorry if it wasn't written smoothly english wasn't my best subject.

Edited by moose