so what are the...

results this year?...I'm talking about new planting areas....new seeds...experiments any of us have tried this year....whether amounts...or methods....soil enhancements to hard mast plants.....

1...The Hemp...was too big a hit...I believe that would need a few acres and heavily seed to get any growth over 6in. let alone 6ft

Though I still may try it planted in a heavy corn planting...just to see

2. The Quail Heaven soybeans were a hit even though not a lot of growth do to drought. then deer...I will try that in a heavy corn planting next year

3. as always my Humistart has done a great job in a new Ferrel ground planting

4. I lost a pear tree and possible a second that remains dormant but green ....2 new apples..so far so good

5. The ground hog radish is up and now growing good,,,big leafs and mild taste...the deer have been walking around in it all ready

6. when things didn't go well with a planting...it went better than expected ....IE....The hemp/SB failed as a cover plant...but still fixed some nitrogen and the beans are now making a great fall attraction...the weeds that took over...turned out to be good..to a point...the ground got smothered in Common Vetch...it is 18-28% protein and fixes 2-3 ton of nitrogen an acre and deer enjoy it...go figure...poke weed came up but the deer have kept that nipped down....did pull the dreaded Deadly Night shade and a bunch of milk weed....but this field has many years of weed seed to work so it will be a few years any ways...this year they happen to be working as a back up for me...win win

So how did you fair?

Clover plot started to look crispy but it's comming back now. Most of the expanding I did for it didn't fair so well but it was dry as heck.

The soy is now also making an attempt. It's got a pea - milo mix but I again because of the rough summer I see mostly soy and some peas. Not sure what to make of it but it's about 6". Quite frankly since there's no farms near by I'm not sure if the deer know what to make of it either.

The chicory burnt out. Both attempts. Kinda pissed about that. Granted it was a new plot from spring time so the soil was light. But it dried out. Last weekend I wacked that plot down to the ground, handfull of plants mostly weeds. Recent weather has gotten some moisture back. The plan is to overseed winter rye/peas mix into it over labor day weekend.