3s

Chef

So I've been hunting for a few years now, I live I. Westchester and just began bow hunting, I have tried hunting In the area around kensico. I have seen one deer and 10 hunters does anyone know of any good public places to hunt in 3s or have any private Land they would share.... Has anyone ever tried to ask any of the apple orchards if they can hunt there after picking season is over

The only public hunting land that I know of is DEP Watershed Property. Go to there site and check out the areas in Westchester that you can hunt in (maps). All you have to do is fill out the DEP access form online and then print yourself the car tag for parking and the access card which you have to carry on you when you hunt those lands. Best of luck!

thats what Kensico (DEP watershed) is so he already hit that. there are a few spots in northern westchester and are listed on the the DEC site. otherwise you are going to have to go north or head to Orange county. Unfortunately Westchester is not very hunter friendly geography

I mean when I'm there I see lots of sign tracks, poop, scrapes but not a lot of deer, there are lots of good bedding areas trails and food. Maybe it's worth going out a few more Times I've only gone in the am gunna try pm tommrow and all day wednesday... I'm only working part time so I'm gunna hunt hard

About 200 yards but what I did is walk away from the parking pull out before going into the woods, I found a very nice funnel between food and bed that I'm going to sit tommrow afternoon. Depending how that goes I may scout/ still hunt on wednesday farther out on the peninsula

I have asked at some of the orchards for permission and I was met with GREAT DISGUST at outhouse off hardscrabble road. My buddy asked once at salingers (think that's the name) but I think they already have people who pay to hunt after the picking is done.

This is my first year in the deer management program. Look into it for next year. So far I love the experience even though I have not seen the deer yet. Great guys who HELP find the deer, tell you we're to hunt and truly enjoy the work of harvesting some game. It gives access to Lasdon, mountain lakes, Muscoot farm and ward pound(loaded with deer). You have to guarantee 10 hunts, harvest a doe first, and record all kills and sightings.