how 3n this year

Dan92

• 1 month later...

A few shots in the Fahnstock/Cold Spring area today, I only saw 3. However, I did see a beautiful red fox try to stalk and pounce a gray squirrel...twice!! Of course, that was after I watched shooting stars during the 5 am hour. Great day, regardless of low deer sightings. I've only lived here a year now, but I still find it hard to believe all of this happens an hour or so north of NYC.

A few shots in the Fahnstock/Cold Spring area today, I only saw 3. However, I did see a beautiful red fox try to stalk and pounce a gray squirrel...twice!! Of course, that was after I watched shooting stars during the 5 am hour. Great day, regardless of low deer sightings. I've only lived here a year now, but I still find it hard to believe all of this happens an hour or so north of NYC.

i was in lockwood this morning, idk if you know where that is.. its about 10 minutes from fahnstock down 311 toward carmel... from 6:10 6:15ish to about 7:30 sounded like a war zone.. after it calmed down around 8:15 i decided that a bow was not gunna do the trick there and made my way out before the next battle started lol.. im convinced they were just either shooting at the same deer that was just running in circles panicking or that they were just shooting off rounds for the hell of it, i only say this because i have not seen that many deer IN lockwood to begin with. btw sorry for the essay lol

Edited by danc0320

15 yards? You kiddin', last year I shot a big 6 pointer ( my first deer ever), at less than half that! lol. Same stand for both deer. Its a homemade wooden stand. Had to stand up and shoot offhand for both shots. I just move slowly and as quiet as possible.

Although this years doe was probebly closer to 20 yards.

Edited by BrianNY