could someone point me in the right spot

Hunterny28

I am looking to try and hunt some state land for a few days next week. I will be staying in Camden and will scout a bit before. so any area around there would be great. I am itching to get out with rifle as bow has me very frustrated right now. any suggestions as where to start? I am sure there is other posts about this. but I figured instead of sifting through a bunch of threads and posts. it would be easier on this tablet this way. thanks

familiar with empeyville/46 corners? take wolcott hill rd right out of camden and its like a 15 min drive before you hit the state lands. i drive my truck and camper right down the truck trails which are the snowmobile trails in winter (how i know my way around there) and camp out in one of the pull offs for a weekend during northern bow, i also go fishing in johnny smith pond and a few of the other beaver ponds out in there during summer. lots of good times in those woods.

pm. me and ill show you where i mean. lots of good sign up in there, had deer everynight/morning i hunted.

Well you have a few more weeks before you can scratch that rifle itch. In the meantime, this weekend and through this next week should be prime time and alot of frustrated bow hunters are going to have their season turned around in the blink of an eye. Hopefully me and you both will be just the lucky guys.. So get out there and hunt all day. Not til 10 and then back in at 3. All day. If you have nothing else to do that is.. Find the does or find the food the does are using, and get the wind in your favor and stay put. The bucks will come looking for the ladies. Can't help you with the Camden area, but don't give up now.. Thats like heading home from spring break just before the wet tee shirt contest kicks off..

• Like 1

familiar with empeyville/46 corners? take wolcott hill rd right out of camden and its like a 15 min drive before you hit the state lands. i drive my truck and camper right down the truck trails which are the snowmobile trails in winter (how i know my way around there) and camp out in one of the pull offs for a weekend during northern bow, i also go fishing in johnny smith pond and a few of the other beaver ponds out in there during summer. lots of good times in those woods.

pm. me and ill show you where i mean. lots of good sign up in there, had deer everynight/morning i hunted.

I was going to say the same thing. Lots of state land in 46 corners. On a side note I haven't been to Johnny Smith pond in a couple of years and was just thinking about it the other day. Thinking about doing some goose hunting over it. Have you ever done it or had any luck

thank you for the responses. I do agree that I should hunt hard down here with the bow. and that I will do starting this weekend and next. I am laid off from work and wanted to get out midweek with my cousin who only gun hunts. So we planned on taking our chances up there for a few days. I am quite famaliar with the 46 corners area becuae of being there on a snowmobile a few times. Just wanted to know if anyone had suggestions of where to start. Alot more woods than I hunt down here. I will PM you MXS. Sounds like empeyville/46 corners/happy valley is a good place to start.

• 3 months later...