Stevens SxS What model????

Can you find a serial number?   Pull off the forend and see what you can find on the inside.  Where on the gun do you find the Stevens name?  How about the chamber:  2.5"  or 3"?

If all else fails, take the gun down and carry just the butt stock to the next gun show.  There are usually a couple of vender who have used butt plates....just match one up.

The Stevens name appears on the left side of the receiver along with springfield. There are no marking as far as 2.5 or 3. I have never seen a 2.5 so I was assuming it was a 2 3/4 if you're talking chamber size. I thought about the gun show consider I went to the one in Saratoga last week and I know there was a guy there. I saw a couple places on line for the plate. I was just curious as to the model.

Correct....I meant 2.75". No markings on the barrel, alongside the rib, indicating chamber length or guage.

Lay it alongside your 311...If it looks exactly the same...then it is a 311, with the model # left off because of the Springfield brand.

Stevens marketed doubles under the Stevens lable, along with Riverside, Springfield and one other that I cannot recall. All were really great field guns, in my opinion.

Care to share your bluing techniques? I have tried a couple of times...lousy results!

I start out with Naval Jelly and a rag. I put that on real thick and leave it for about 10-15 minutes to really get rid of the rust and bluing. I then wipe it off with a clean cotton rag. Look at it and see If it needs to be done again. Sometimes I have had to use stripper with another coat. After all of the rust and bluing is done, I then spray it down with brake cleaner. This doesn't leave a film and evaporates pretty quick. I then bring inside and start with some medium steel wool on the rough part and finish with fine steel wool. I even use a dremel if needed. Now I clean it with acetone and wipe down with damp cloth. For bluing I use Brownells bluing creme. I bought a 12 oz bottle and I have done 4 guns with it. Wearing rubber dishwashing gloved I apply the bluing creame pretty thick with a cotton makeup patch (little cotton disc) and keep apllying it until it has about a 1/8" coating on it and leave it for about 2 minutes. I then wipe with a dry cotton rag and use the fine steel wool over it not rubbing it too much but jst enough to let it shine. I usually do about 4-6 coats depending on how dark I need it. The last coat is wiped off and I let it sit at room temp for about an hour and then heavily wipe it with WD-40. You should be good to go after that.