Any Plumbers out there?

mmkay

I’m trying to guestimate the cost of rough plumbing an addition I’m doing.  I knocked down part of a house and rebuilt it.  I did most the work (foundation, framing windows, roof, siding, doors, ect) myself with buddies.  But the town is now telling me I need a licensed plumber to rough it in.  I have all the materials (pex, pvc, toilets, valves, tubs,furnace, etc…)

It’s two baths, kitchen, two garden hose outlets, an existing hot water furnace for baseboard heat / hot water.

I might do the work myself and pay a plumber to sign off on it, but before I do this, I was wondering what roughing it in might cost.  It might be quicker to just pay someone.

Thanks

Edited by mmkay

Gonna be hard to give an estimate without at least looking at a print.

If anyone can do that, I probably wouldn't give them the job.

Been plumbing for 20+ years and I wouldn't estimate replacing a toilet seat without looking at it first,lol.

Wooly - I've been quoted price per opening and then by hr.  Opening is $1400.  In this context an opening is a tub (water in and out).  Also gotten prices per hour $100 to $150 per hr.  I could do the work in roughly 25 to 35 hrs (but I'm slower than some)

The house is completely open.  just studs.  The sewer line is in the house, water supply is in.  roughly running 400 pex (water),  300 pex heat.  80 feet of drains.  40 feet of vents...hook up pex to furance

The above said, I just was trying to get an idea on opening pricing V. hourly pricing. 

with 2 baths (6 opening), one kitchen (1 opening), thats roughly 10K before the furance.  so I'm not trying to get a precise quote.  just a ballpark.  10K seem like a lot considering all the materials are there. 

Unfortuately the town won't allow me to do the work and still get a CO.  Maybe I'll do it, and get a licensed plumber to sign off.  But I suspect the plumber will want 500 to 1000.  if the whole job is perhaps less than 4000, I would let the plumber do it and move onto other things.

Thanks

Let them bid on the job. That might bring the price down. To put it in simpler terms, create competition for the job. I'm sure there are a lot of unemployed plumbers, that would jump at the chance to earn some money. Post the job on Craigslist. Doesn't hurt to try!