new to area

self guider

Hi and welcome. I was in your shoes about 3 years ago. I just went out there the first year and started walking into whatever public land I could find, which is A TON. Then I realized I really needed to narrow it down better. I picked up Dan Ladd's book and it has very valuable info on all public lands up there to hunt. The book does not exactly point you to where to shoot a deer but it shows you where you can go on a map and describes the areas lol. I've been trying to arrow a deer out there for 3 seasons now, very tough hunting. Hope this book helps you!

Deer Hunting in the Adirondacks

http://www.adkhunter.com/Adirondack%20Deer%20Hunting%20Book.html

Edited by PostedBoys Gallego
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I live and hunt in the Adirondack park.....there is LOTS of land .   You need to get out and start walking some of the properties.  There is land here where the deer have never seen a human being!  I know....they were so close to me I asked them.  LOL...seriously, there are parcels and locations where no one hunts.  Most hunt near a road or public campsite, maybe one mile in at most.  I take a boat across a lake, hike in and spend the entire day hunting.  You can also hike in, set up a campsite with a tent and use it for a base camp to hunt out of. Good luck to you