Biz's CT Journal 2013

BizCT

Hunted this morning. In my spot by 545am, saw 1 deer come right under me 20 yds at 6am. Too dark to see buck or doe. Nothing else. My Dad saw nothing. Next Saturday ill be able to hunt afternoon too, so hopefully there will be more action. Checked cams and had pics of skunks, fox, coyote, raccoons, opposum, and deer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

post-871-1380993076442_thumb.jpg

Hunted 2pm - dark. Neither me or my Dad saw a deer. Trail cams had no deer either. Wind probably didn't help, 15-25mph. First outing in CT without seeing a deer.

I'll be back next Saturday.

post-871-13816255181725_thumb.jpg

Hunted this morning till 10am. I saw nothing, my Dad saw nothing. Both cams had no deer. I don't know what happened. Perfect 39 degree morning. Deer must have changed patterns. Had 5-6 different bucks on cam July -September. Now nothing the last couple weeks. No deer sign either, no crap, no rubs, etc. Oh well, onto PA next weekend.

• 1 month later...

Just closing out this thread. Never went back to CT to hunt after 10/19. The landowner continued to cut down trees in the woods for firewood and always had a bunch of equipment in the woods near the only huntable areas. This has to be a big reason why my trail cams went from tons of deer to nothing but dogs and people, and I started seeing nothing. Part of me says this was a waste of $500 for the year, but I had my chance opening day and missed a nice buck and then passed up a 3pointer 5 days later, that I wish I had shot now. Still never killed a deer with my xbow. I won't be paying for access to this property next year.