One Hour Limit

Early

I guess I have nothing against catch and release......unless the "catchers" are doing so just to have something to brag about.

I have been practicing "catch and release" with trout for years. Why....I'm not sure....except that I get more meat from bass, and they taste just as good, or better.

My outing yesterday (which brought out some interesting nitpicking comments from some with guilty consciences) resulted in nine bass being released. So...yeah, I'm OK with catch and release.

It is interesting that there are those who would attack me for clinging to my traditional values. It is really kind of sad that our youngsters cannot appreciate the values of their forebears. Those who would attack their elders deserve the compassion of the rest of us. Please forgive those who are so attached to modern techonology that they cannot appreciate those of us who cling to the past.

Perhaps the attacks would stop if you hadn't wished ill on others and their families.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Oh, Puleeze Schanhu, get a grip. I wish ill on no one....not even the food plot gang....not even the trail cam cult...not even those who shoot a bow that looks like a fold up bike a clown would ride in a circus.

Now, do I think there are those who are hunting that I would not call hunters??...Absolutely! But that is just my opinion, based on my perspective. We may not agree on this, but I wish you no ill. Perhaps that is the difference between you and me.

Oh, Puleeze Schanhu, get a grip. I wish ill on no one....not even the food plot gang....not even the trail cam cult...not even those who shoot a bow that looks like a fold up bike a clown would ride in a circus.

Now, do I think there are those who are hunting that I would not call hunters??...Absolutely! But that is just my opinion, based on my perspective. We may not agree on this, but I wish you no ill. Perhaps that is the difference between you and me.

Right... It was my imagination then. Nice play on my name BTW, shows character.

It is interesting that there are those who would attack me for clinging to my traditional values. It is really kind of sad that our youngsters cannot appreciate the values of their forebears. Those who would attack their elders deserve the compassion of the rest of us. Please forgive those who are so attached to modern techonology that they cannot appreciate those of us who cling to the past.

This just baffles me a bit, you attacked the majority of members about how you have a dislike for someone using technology like a trail cam as a thread topic,  No one came out and attacked your traditional values until you attacked everyone else.  If you cant handle the response why post the thread to begin with?   There is absolutely nothing wrong with traditions and personal values in any aspect of life. However if you choose to attack others expect to be replied to or just choose not to take a stance against what others enjoy.  I see no one starting a thread bashing a guy for not using trail cams or modern archery or did I miss those post?

• Like 2

Please refer to your first reply to this thread...Your only purpose was to provoke a fight of some sort....Shame on you! Please do not distort posts that are meant to be informational to promote some agenda that you have. Your butt-covering double-speak says much about you. Again, shame on you!

Please refer to your first reply to this thread...Your only purpose was to provoke a fight of some sort....Shame on you! Please do not distort posts that are meant to be informational to promote some agenda that you have. Your butt-covering double-speak says much about you. Again, shame on you!

Informational? Hardly that. More like you were trying to brag about how you limited out in an hour. The title says it all.

Butt covering double speak? What exactly am I covering up? The intention of my first reply was to show you how it feels to attack someones methods of how they spend there time with passion I might ad in the great outdoors.  Its just simple as that, no distortion what so ever just plain laying it out there for you to show how it feels to be on the other side of the thread.  If me defending what so many use as a source of happiness in this messed up world from one guy bashing technology and a simple thing as a trail camera says much about me then I will take that as a compliment. Oh and SHAME ON YOU with the multiple negative young guy comments!

Edited by wdswtr

Informational? Hardly that. More like you were trying to brag about how you limited out in an hour. The title says it all.

I guess I have nothing against catch and release......unless the "catchers" are doing so just to have something to brag about.

I think he made it clear he doesnt like people who catch fish just to brag about it. lmao

Ahh, dang....You are right:  My post could have come off looking like a brag.   Certainly was not my intention.  My 15"-17" smallies were really not bragging size.  If you want to see some bragging size bass, checkout the current NY Outdoor News.  "One Huor Limit" simply suggests that the Fall bite is on.  If you want to catch bass....go fishing NOW!

Ahh, dang....You are right: My post could have come off looking like a brag. Certainly was not my intention. My 15"-17" smallies were really not bragging size. If you want to see some bragging size bass, checkout the current NY Outdoor News. "One Huor Limit" simply suggests that the Fall bite is on. If you want to catch bass....go fishing NOW!

Fall bite has been on for 2 weeks now, where have you been? Oh, maybe you don't watch the weather. Too advanced, don't forget the mercury thermometer when you leave home.

Edited by shawnhu