Rage 2 Blade Entry Wounds

Meat Manager

Switched to Rage 2 Blade this year and I am a believer after 4 archery harvests this season, here are the ENTRY wounds:

A lung was hanging out of this hole when I recovered:

post-1622-0-62611400-1383653792_thumb.jp

This one deflected last second and hit her in the hind qt, she dropped in front of me 20 yds later: 

post-1622-0-20692300-1383653801_thumb.jp

Plenty of blood for the 80yd trail of this double lunged monster doe: 

post-1622-0-61498900-1383653809_thumb.jp

Arrow passed through the lungs but stayed in the opposite leg, no problem I watched him drop 60yds later:

post-1622-0-11617600-1383653819_thumb.jp

Here is a tree 5 yds from impact on the first deer and the arrow:

post-1622-0-89794800-1383654230_thumb.jppost-1622-0-80583200-1383654236_thumb.jp

Put a Rage in the Cage baby...um or the butt!

• Like 1

+1. I'm definitely a believer in rage broadheads too. I rushed a shot on a small six point a few weeks ago. Entered mid-neck and exited above opposite shoulder. Rage extreme severed trachea and jugular and the wounds and subsequent blood trail were amazing. I'm severely color blind but had no issue following the trail and recovered the deer.

• Like 1

....when you actually aim.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Actually I think two of us already made the point that an occasional marginal shot (which I realize some of you guys never have and never will make) can thankfully result in an easy recovery with these broadheads, primarily because the entry wound bleeds like an exit wound almost anywhere on the deer.

I would think that it would provide a significant increase in recovered deer that may have been quartering slightly toward and exited out the guts.  As long as you hit a lung or an artery on the way in most times the animal will expire quickly and often with a large trail of blood.

That said I would not take a quartering toward or otherwise questionable shot, but when something unfortunate happens its good to know you still have a good chance of recovering the wounded animal.

you mad bro?

Not sure what any of this has to do with Rage 2 Blade Entry Wounds

Edited by 7J Everyday

I bought the lager 2.3' extreme rage broadheads for this year.  I wonder how the wound will compare to what you posted.

My Cousin harvest a doe in PA with those to the same effect as the two blade...perfect double lung painted blood the entire 40 yds she ran.

I believe the real key to two blade (or extreme) effectiveness is that the entry wound is a massive slice that pulls itself open by the tension of the hide, holding open a massive hole on the entry and exit if there is one.

I could see the blood pouring out the entry wound of the 8 point I shot sunday, and the arrow was stuck in the opposite leg

Edited by 7J Everyday

Actually I think two of us already made the point that an occasional marginal shot (which I realize some of you guys never have and never will make) can thankfully result in an easy recovery with these broadheads, primarily because the entry wound bleeds like an exit wound almost anywhere on the deer.

I would think that it would provide a significant increase in recovered deer that may have been quartering slightly toward and exited out the guts. As long as you hit a lung or an artery on the way in most times the animal will expire quickly and often with a large trail of blood.

That said I would not take a quartering toward or otherwise questionable shot, but when something unfortunate happens its good to know you still have a good chance of recovering the wounded animal.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Rage 2 Blade Entry Wounds

I'm on the fence about these broad heads. I use them as well, along with a couple others. Reason being that these broad heads seems to be really good at taking deer down, maybe too good. When broad heads like these make it easy for hunters, I fear the already lazy hunters just gets lazier. We've all see what happens when hunters gets lazy and desperate.

I do agree that a recovered deer from a marginal shot is better than an unrecovered one, which is why I chose to carry one in my quiver.

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems