Daily Harvest

Lord of War

I guess ethics was a poor word choice. Me personally, I wont shoot a deer that I'm personally going to eat. This is just how I feel and I do not judge others for what they do with their meat. I just do not see the point in shooting a deer to donate to homeless like I'm some good samaritan.

Wow wow wow! You don't judge? Really?!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

The anti-gun stuff has nothing to do with the subject, and there was no "off limits" to the anti-gun side. Plenty of the guns included in the SAFE act bans are of the hunting variety. Semi auto shotguns/rifles with thumb-hole stocks, just for an example.

but all the windbag politicians clearly pointed out they weren't going after hunters. Truth or not, they knew the PR behind it. that was my point.

Wow wow wow! You don't judge? Really?!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

the meat that they or someone eats shawn. not that which they throw away. come on silly head, you're smarter than that.

Edited by Belo

So Belo, once your freezer is filled, you stop hunting the rest of the season?

I can only speak for myself but, I have a small 3.5 cu. ft. chest freezer...it has about 3.5 deer in it right now and could easily fit another 3.5.

Also a deer in someones freezer is a deer not on someones windshield.  

All that said personally I would not shoot a deer if I did not intend to process it.  I do give meat away to family, but only after I have butchered and wrapped it myself, even when I am giving it to fellow hunters.

Edited by 7J Everyday

So Belo, once your freezer is filled, you stop hunting the rest of the season?

My wife and I, and my parents have typically only needed 2 nice bucks (150lb+). We share a big stand up. But last year we ran out of everything but ground in July.

My goal is to shoot 2 bucks and so is my dad's but he's retired now and only after the trophies. So I don't shoot doe until MZ and if we have 3 bucks between us during MZ then I'm not shooting a doe. If we don't, then I am. And our neighbors shoot plenty of doe for us to not worry about balancing the herd. We do give some away as well, but only to those I know who will eat it. Also Castanzas gets some good business from us.