Deer donation question...

Steve7

If I shoot a buck and donate the meat to the venison coalition, can I keep the cape/antlers without any issues? I only ask because I know that the tag needs to stay with the meat. Appreciate the help.

I always donate the meat. When I pick up the backstraps, I pick up the skull plate with antlers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I always donate the meat. When I pick up the backstraps, I pick up the skull plate with antlers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Biz...  Thanks and didn't know I could request the backstraps which obviously I will.  My processor is part of the venny coalition and forgot to ask him when I picked up my bow kill buck earlier this year.

As always appreciate the help everyone.

Yes! It's not any different than if you get venison processed for yourself. It's your deer, your filled tag, your rack & cape, if you want them! Yes, where I donate mine, they ask if I want any part of the meat for myself! Also, it's my understanding once a deer is at a processor, there is no longer the need to ID by sex. Meaning, they always saw the rack off for me when I drop off a buck.