Hunting Suffolk County and need help.

Lord of War

First year hunting....have hunted Suffolk county a few times came close 2x but no cigar so far.  I had hunted Rocky point regularly until the check in station requirement kicked in.  It's caused me some issues as I am over an hour away and I can't regularly commit to reservations.   I liked it when I could just swing by whenever and hunt any open spot. 

Now I know some spots are exempt from the check in requirement but I have not scouted ANY of these spots so I would be going in blind and im sure that there are going to be tons of hunters competing for parking.  Is there anyone with experience in Rocky point or Otis Pike that could help give some tips on what time and where I can setup in one of these spots without having to go thru the checkin station?  I am not looking to take anyone's secret place  I just want to bag something before the season is out, and then I can do some real scouting this winter after gun.