Syracuse.com - New Hope dog grabs wild turkey out of the air while out on walk with owner

He gives new meaning to the phrase, "bird dog."

Jane Kozlosky, of New Hope, sent in the above photo of her dog with the following comments:

"Hi, Dave, This is not the typical hunting story. While walking our black lab, Misha, this winter, he bolted into a stand of pines, leaped in the air and took down a wild turkey.

What a bird dog! Misha was rescued from the Auburn SPCA in 2012.

View the full article on The Syracuse Outdoors Blog

This is why the DEC and FWS must educate the public majority if they are going to continue to encourage them to go outdoors.

Technically, this person can be charged with hunting out of season and I am fairly sure hunting without a license. Don't argue with me, I know the legal definition of hunting, she was hunting.

This happens all the time and when your out there hunting with your own dog and someone thinks its a dog park,  and wants your dog to play with their dog, it is a hassle.

Nobody really gives a rip until one of these pets gets caught in a trap, and then all hell breaks loose.