Ground blind question

Woodjr55

So I used a ground blind for the first time yesterday and had a question about set up. I was set up in a overgrow field by a small cluster of trees. The blind was well concealed by the back but the front and sides where just wide open. Is that ok or should I look for a spot that has more brush? What type of spots do you guys who use blinds on a regular look for. And also do you brush in your blinds at all?

I like to make a natural blind in a thicket with good cover behind me to break up my silhouette. I carve out a spot to sit and put the excess brush in front of me to help conceal my lower half.  You want the opening in front to be just low enough to shoot your bow over from your sitting position. I've taken a few nice bucks from the ground and it's a great way to hunt. I like that you can walk into an area, find a good location and setup right then and there without hauling a stand in. Carry some small pruners and good luck!