ny state court officer-trainee

Red

Red what did you score on buffalo pd exam? Took that exam few years back didn't score to well. Ive been taking test like crazy state police state university police erie county and Monroe county got a 93 on the state police exam and got an 85 on the other ones I crossfiled all those exam they were all the same exam.And went down and tested with Charlotte Mecklenburg police because

my cousin is an officer with them passed the written and physical with them just sent my background packet down for them few weeks ago.

Just a piece of advice that I have received from a friend who retired from NYPD a few years ago, he too did 20 and out.  Now he regrets it like crazy.  He couldn’t wait to get out, especially working the south Bronx in the 80s he definitely felt like he had to leave and deserved to.  Thing is right before he retired he was in the ceremonial unit which is a home run of a gig, I mean, its a lot of funerals which suck but after a tough career its a nice place to retire out of, there are plenty of other parades and other celebrations that he was lucky to attend as well…anyway he thought he would get a security gig and combined with his pension he would be ok.  Ends up retired LEOs usually are known to demand more money for security gigs because of their experience so some companies are reluctant to hire them.  Ridiculous but we all know how companies are when it comes to a bottom line...  Either way he wishes he would’ve done another 10 and retired with 3/4 pay.  Just an idea, look into the retirement packages, see what units are available to you.  You may not want to retire right away lol.  Its a rewarding job, tough now given the current situations, especially here in the city boroughs but it is an amazing career.  I could also retire after 20 and don’t think i will be doing it.  Whatever you guys decide best of luck and stay safe.  Remember, its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Romans 13:4

• Like 1