Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America, Inc.

Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America, Inc. is an organization dedicated to providing support, education, adaptive solutions and recreational opportunities in the outdoor sports of shooting, archery, hunting and fishing for people with limitations due to age, disability or service duty.

We will also maintain a clearinghouse of information for related techniques, goods and services.

Guys –

Like you, many people have a friend or family member who has a mobility restriction due to age, disability, or service mishap. Some people rely solely on these relationships to get out into the woods or on the water. Others attempt to maintain their independence by going it alone. Most of us fall somewhere in between usually asking for help in scouting or retrieval of game.  Be supportive of your family member by offering your assistance if sincere. Tell him about our site. He may like to hear of methods and others who are coping.

The officers on our Board of Directors have been busy working to set up outdoor outings.  A turkey hunt is definitely on in Missouri next spring thanks to our VP Tony Clapp.  Plans are being considered for a variety of hunts and fishing outings including a varmint hunt for coyotes here in Region 8 probably in the Horseheads NY area.  Our activities have attracted two major equipment sponsors so far.  Their contributions will help in our fund raising efforts.  We hope to soon complete the paperwork necessary to secure our 501©(3) non-profit status from the IRS so as to make donations tax deductible.

I decided to keep you updated, as requested, by making a post in the General NY Clubs and Organizations forum.  Additional information about PCSA may be found there.  Let me say that I appreciate your interest and warm wishes. Thank you. I made a complete post on the Introductions forum on 7/1/10. That post should tell you enough about me. What we are doing can best be described by checking out the PCSA web (www.pcsaonline.com) site. That is our means of keeping those interested, from all over the country, updated.

Thanks again for the interest,

Rob Moss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was a member for several years, a great help to hunters that have major health issue. Over tiome I was able to get so I could walk with a cane and try hunting again. I do not take deer most year, but am able to walk about a 1/4 mile to my stands and sit in the woods from a morning or afternoon hunt. They helped me by showing that you could still hunt. A big thank you to them and there members. At 69 years young, I will again shoot all year to sit in a blind on the ground, see the leaves changing, the first hint of forst or first snow showers, and hope as daylight start to come that a big buck will walk on by. I do not shoot young bucks and or does.

• 2 months later...