Hoxie Gorge State Forest

Fletch

It's pretty nice.  Awfully steep though.  There's an old logging road that goes up one side and down the other where I ran into a family hayride.  Anything other than a tractor isn't making the whole trip.  The top is a real nice clear cut that's coming back in scrub oak.  That's where the stands are.   

I don't hunt deer myself, but where there's stands there's usually deer.  As for pressure, I would assume it sees a lot as it's a stones throw from Cortland.  I've only run into hikers and ginseng hunters myself.

There's also a couple of old crumbling foundations and stone walls with plenty of productive (except last year) old apple trees.  Best apples I've ever eaten in fact. 

Hoxie Gorge gave me my first grouse so I'm not exactly unbiased, but I love the place.  I could go on, but won't.  If there's anything else I can point you to I'd be glad to help.

That cabin is just over the property line on the right side of the clear cut on top.  An old logging road basically runs right into the back yard.  If I had the money, I'd call it home.  The site is sloped but not dangerously so.  How you would get to it is another matter.  You'd have to take the logging road up to the clear cut and turn right, but that's almost impossible because of a huge bedrock cap and a few well placed boulders. 

But hey man, where there's a will there's a way and that's a pretty fair price.

Essentially, yes.  It is close to the states property line so the parcel for sale might be weighted more on the front end, sort of sloping towards I 81 but I can't be sure.

Getting supplies on site wouldn't be impossible if you had an atv or wheeler.  The pond, now that would be something else altogether.