Bass Tournaments

Fehyd643

So... Do any of you guys participate in any kind of local club tournaments?

I've been fishing for a few years now with a boat, and I love it like crazy.  I'm very much new at boat fishing, but I want to learn.

So here is my question:

I'd like to get into serious bass fishing, I have a decent bass boat and decent gear.  I need a mentor!  I'd like to get into some tournaments next year, but I know my style/ability is just not up to par.  There is a TON if information and educational material online, but that's the problem.  There is a TON!

My 2nd issue is that I have a serious breathing issue. I have an extremely difficult time loading/unloading the boat solo.  I would fish a lot more often if I had a partner.

I can provide a boat and an open an eager mind.  Currently I usually fish docks, weedlines and drop-offs.  Comfortable with basic fishing techniques, but just don't know how to get the best out of my boat. I know I could be doing a ton better.

I live in Newark and my favorite fishing area is Sodus Bay.  Open to travel a bit.

Any takers?

I use to fish walleye series tournaments years ago.  They can be crazy if you try to go in on the pro side,  so many tournament regulations such as boat age, no second hand boats ownership etc.  Its the main reason I got out due to the boat requirements, Not all of us are gonna dump 60k in a new boat every couple years.  Of course it varies from series to series.  If I was you and you really desire getting into the professional side is to spend a couple years as a pros partner otherwise what is called an amateur on a pro circuit.  This will save you tons of money and get you tons of experience.  And when I say tons of money Im not kidding.  It was nothing for anyone of us to find a hot lure prefishing and go buy every darn one of them out of the local tackle shops before anyone caught on to the bite.  I seen guys spend 4 or 5 thousand on just lures on any given week to keep them out of someone elses hands.  100's and 100's of dollars in fuel an oil just prefishing. Entry fees, and hotels it all ads up pretty quick.  As an amateur your cost is significantly less, but so is your winnings, however the knowledge you gain is priceless.   OH and the stress level can beat ya down in a heartbeat.  When you got a lot invested in one tournament and you lost the bite, your blown of the lake for a couple days, someone beat ya to your spot, you got a rookie amateur messing you up, something breaks down etc your head can explode at times.  Then other times your living a dream and life is good.  I miss it just about every day but I dont miss the costs involved one bit.  I tried little local tournaments since and they just dont compare, derbies forget about it those are strictly based on being lucky. 

Edited by wdswtr