Favorite buck lure?

hunter143

Hawken chew worked good for my first antlered buck.  I gave that up in my 20's though, and I am not willing to take the health risks involved in using that again.   I will never forget that buck walking out of the bush and sticking his nose in the brown spot in the snow that I was making, right below my tree stand.

Hot apple cider seems to work good for me these days.  One of the biggest bucks (rack and body), that I have killed in the last few years came in from down wind two weeks in a row, shortly after I opened my thermos full.

I have been using Evercalm the last 5 years or so, and it seems to help a little.  I just put a little on my heels, walking to my stand, maybe 50 yards out, and wipe a bit on the tree or blind rail when I get there.

I tried doe in heat several times (tinks 69 and others), but only ever had one button buck respond to it, and that turned put to be my first bow kill.  No antlered buck ever paid any attention to it when I tried it.  Haven't used any in more than 25 years.

Edited by wolc123