South Shore Waterfowlers Association, Inc.

Just found out about them & passing on information. Is anyone a member?

I'm not, but If I get into waterfowl, I'll probably join, it's only $25 a year..

"South Shore Waterfowlers Association is dedicated to preserving and  promoting the waterfowling tradition on Long Island and in New York. Our  goal is to highlight our waterfowling heritage through education,  example, and advocacy for all waterfowl enthusiasts, as we strive to  conserve our waterfowl resources. We recognize the importance of  involving the next generation in waterfowl hunting. To that end, SSWA  continues to be involved with youth hunter education programs, and  educational presentations on the subjects of safety, hunter ethics, and  waterfowl identification for our members. We are dedicated advocates of  hunter's rights, and in return we expect a high standard of good  sportsmanship from our members."

http://sswa.org

• 9 months later...

I was a member of the sswa for a few years, a nice enough bunch of guys and the coffee and donuts were good at the meetings. The problem I had was I was a single hunter(i didnt know anyone in the club) and I joined to meet other duck hunters who I could go out with or who would take me out and it was dam near impossible since we as waterfowlers are secretive by nature. I didnt get much out of it but if you want to join give it a try

Sab