New Weatherby catridge

Has anyone seen the new 6.5-.300 Weatherby? Looks pretty cool but a barrel burner at that with awesome ballistics and a decent ballistic Coe. It looks like it is comparable to the 26 Nosler that came out. Are these faster cartridges really worth buying? Barrel life is probably around 800 shots. To me, 800 shots is a long life span in regards to just using the rifle strictly for hunting. I have always wanted a fast wildcat cartridge and have always liked the Weatherby magnums.

Has anyone seen the new 6.5-.300 Weatherby? Looks pretty cool but a barrel burner at that with awesome ballistics and a decent ballistic Coe. It looks like it is comparable to the 26 Nosler that came out. Are these faster cartridges really worth buying? Barrel life is probably around 800 shots. To me, 800 shots is a long life span in regards to just using the rifle strictly for hunting. I have always wanted a fast wildcat cartridge and have always liked the Weatherby magnums.

How will this compare to the .300 WBY mag?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm unsure yet as there isn't much info on this yet... same case with necked down to a .264... I'd have to say faster and flatter but not as good Ballistic Coe. and down range energy.

So probably better off still with a 300 wby mag for all around north american game including grizz which if I'm lucky will be in my future before I die

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1