Talk about being on a schedule....

growalot

I just think its funny that guys on this forum constantly talk about how they are gonna pass this buck and that buck until they are in front of them. Don't get me wrong you can shoot whatever you want but at the end of the day I just feel like everyone talks like they are trophy hunters until they are given an opportunity.

Don't take this post the wrong way I think it's great that you shot a buck. What I don't get is you posted a pic of a deer and specifically said you were gonna let him walk. How can you hunt without a scope or binoculars and expect to know exactly what you are shooting at? I don't know about the rest of you but it really hard to tell any thing more than the deer has horns at 75-100yds. Anyways everyone's a trophy hunter on this forum until opportunity presents itself on this forum :)

No disrespect! Congrats on the buck!

Call it what it is. I'm a meat hunter.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I'm a trophy hunter during bow! Well I should say I try to be any how! See a lot more deer then. Don't get me wrong I'll shoot doe durning bow too! But once gun starts I'll try to let the little ones go. And I passed a 5 pt opening day (try for 6 or bigger) just something I try to do. But I sure seems to be kicking me now! Looks like tag soup if something don't show here soon.

I can say I'm not a trophy hunter...that being backed up by what? 6 years of me saying I have never nor will ever get a rack mounted...I do enjoy watching the deer in the area grow. All the cam photos prove that. What I said was I hope he makes it...I did not say it was imperative that he did. The question was asked how do you hunt with out optics...Well I had binoculars......which as how I saw the deer were fawns and the doe would have been big enough to shoot had it been legal and the yote wasn't a dog and the body of that buck was big enough to shoot...though his head was obsured. as far as a scope well lets see.....all my past deer for 6 yrs are on this site, both bow and gun...no sights on the bow(with exception to the cross bow  used last year) and bead on the gun. It's easy to see how I can hunt with out them.

I got my big buck This year...and he tastes like the back end of a billy goat...From the straps on this one it does not. As a hunter thats all that matters to me and clean kills. Had the doe been the one to stay  she would be hanging and I would have been done for the season..That hunt as I had stated in another post was about time and temps..My time schedule and temps for a good hang. Both are satisfied.