Winchester 30 Carbine

Hey guys and gals. Not sure how many WW2 collectors are on the forum but hopefully there are a few. I recently came into possession of a very nice Winchester 30 cal carbine. From what I can figure out so far I have a rifle that was manufactured in 1944. The serial numbers from the barrel, receiver, and trigger group all match. The stock is not a Winchester stock it is a Springfield Armory stock. I have located a Winchester stock and will have that soon as well as an original bayonet. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure on the value of this gun. I don't know that I will be selling it but interested to know what I have. Thanks.

Condition is everything as far as value goes.  The Winchester M1 Carbines are very much in demand by collectors.  It is worth at least $1000 and maybe as much as $2000 if it is all original.  But even with a replacement Winchester stock, it's not all original.

I don't know what I want to do with it yet. I just got it the other day. I am not really a collector, I like to have a use for each and every one of my guns. I don't know what use this gun would actually have for me. But maybe this will be the first collector piece for me. If u decide to sell it perhaps you can steer me in a good direction.