Last hunt of the season

pt0217

I just finished putting all of my hunting gear away. This morning was my last hunt of what turned out to be a disappointing season in 3s. Shot only one doe this year. Many guys I talk to had little success as well. On a positive note. There should be a lot of nice bucks around next year. Happy New Year all! Best of luck in 2016!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hung my stuff up after this morning's hunt too. I had a doe with a yearling come into the Barberry to browse at 75 yds. She was not looking at me, but  I swear the mature doe heard me take my hands out of my pocket from that distance. She stared right at me for 10 minutes before moving away and out of sight. She stopped 3 motre times and looked right back at me. I think she has had a lot of experience with other hunters and was going to be nearly impossible to get a shot at. 

Maybe next year old lady...

I have had a lot of fun experiences with mature does. Obviously surviving seeing us in the woods has made them learn about our presence. I am always worried they are going to blow. So I have had to freeze in some awkward positions for a long time praying for them to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk