Damn Doctors

cdmckane

Well, I went in for my DOT physical last week and Dr says my BP is high, cholesterol and sugar are "borderline".  Told me I have to cut back on sodium, red meat, salmon, eggs, pork, and sugar.  Hell, my BP, cholesterol and sugar are going to come down really fast because I'm going to starve to death!

I told him I'd pick up an extra chicken or turkey meal during the week, but I've got a freezer full of venison, beef and pork, so I need some lower sodium recipes for seasonings, rubs and such.  Whatcha got?

PS: I guess my days of frying up backstraps in bacon grease with onions and mushrooms are over.  Or maybe not, I'm not known for following orders real well.

How many BP readings did they take? You can't gauge BP of a single reading. You need to take at least 3 over the day,over the course of several days, and then take an average to get a number that properly indicates BP.

And the science surrounding cholesterol is changing faster than Bruce Jenner's gender . I wouldn't be overly concerned. 

Salt is good for you:

http://empoweredsustenance.com/salt-is-good-for-you/

Edited by Papist