Any Hunters from NYC/westchester interested in leasing land upstate?

UWShunter

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, sailinghudson25 said:

Why oay.

Get your foot on farmland.

Orchards and vegetable farmers need small game hunters more than deer hunters.

Offer rabbit and squirrel hunting solutions.  They'll let ya deer hunt later.....

Interesting. I actually never thought about that. I love small game hunting with my dog. Have you had success offering to small game hunt private farms?

• Like 1

I can't speak for my extended family to give permission, but up here around Binghamton, but I have known others to succeed this way, you hunt the hell out of the small game for a farmer, you will have a good chance of hunting big game on said farm usually within the first deer 🦌 season maybe second season latest... it's not unheard of, you just post an advertisement on craigslist usually just before season starts, i'm sure somebody will answer it...

You have to build your relationship with people in Upstate, they are weary of people down state, basically goes back to politics...

And word of advice one thing you don't want to get involved in, is the conversation of politics... that's frowned on and will you will be asked to vacate the property...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1