Pentax scopes

Anyone know their warranty policy? I've got one of their scopes that the whole reticle will twist clockwise and counter clockwise as you adjust the magnification. For example if you turn the magnification ring clockwise, the horizontal and vertical cross hairs will also turn clockwise to a diagonal position. Never see this happen before with any scope.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

This might be a place to start:

THE PENTAX “WORRY FREE” WARRANTY

The PENTAX “Worry-Free” Warranty is available on all PENTAX Sport Optics products purchased in the United States, on or after March 1, 2006, from an authorized PENTAX Sport Optics dealer.

PENTAX Sport Optics products are of the highest optical and mechanical quality. If your PENTAX Binocular, Spotting Scope or Riflescope purchased in the USA from an authorized PENTAX Sport Optics dealer requires repair, PENTAX will repair or replace it to the original purchaser (even if damaged by fault) for a charge of $19.95, to cover handling and return shipping.* This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, theft or loss. (Replacement may be with comparable model at PENTAX’s discretion if the original model is no longer available.)

*Applies only to unmodified equipment or product with modifications performed by authorized PENTAX repair personnel.

For warranty service, the following link will take you to the Ricoh/Pentax Sport Optics authorized service center: http://www.precisioncamera.com/Ricoh/.

Thanks Steve, I couldn't get that website to work yesterday but it seems fine today for some reason. After a bunch of phone calls and digging around I actually got a hold of a real person. They said Pentax is all sent to them (third party) then they send them overseas to be evaluated. I've seen some stuff online though that people are having a hard time getting them to honor the warranty.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Never owned a pentax scope. What I have found with the few scopes I have had to return is 9 out of 10 times they send you a new scope. Sometimes they don't return the same scope you had but send what they call a "equivalent" especially if they don't manufacture the kind you have any more.

I started putting a mark on the scope so I would know whether I got the same one back or not. Hope it works out for you either way.