Shoulda Planted Waterchestnuts.......

So, my old apple orchard turned lawn, turning to food plot is underwater for 2 weeks.  The old rows of apple trees are above water by a few inches.  My 1/3 acre plot is 3 row wide.

I rototilled down to 3-4 inches and put about a dozne bags of pelletized lime back in November right after rifle weekend.  

Do you think most of the lime got washed away?  Or did it do something to the soil?  It's been in there over 5 months. I spread the lime then tilled.

The stuff that's above the water line is real mushy.  

I got a 50lb bag of oats I can spread.  What would you do, and when would be the limit before doing something else.

My plan was to spread 1/2 the bag with a touch or turnips with a bag of 6-24-24 , then spring harrow it in a bit.  Then top it with 2lbs of a red clover mix with some arrowleaf clover and chicory in it.

Part of this plan was to surround the plot with a row of red dogwood, a row of praire willow, then a row of arborvitae.  They come in april 21st.  The willow and dogwood wont mind it too badly, but the arborvitae might not like it.  3/4 or better of the shrubs will be in the lower sections underwater.  Where I plan to put the shrubs, I frost seeded with dutch white clover.

The tilled up lawn sod maybe has a 20% survival rate.  Or so it looks like it now.  It was a bit wet in november right before the winter frost came in, or what of it initially.  

I got other places to put the shrubs, but these 250 to 300 planting were to make the plot private.   

Edited by sailinghudson25