Hunting in Slovenia

OUR HUNTUNG AREA LIES IN THE MEDIUM MOUNTAIN REGION OF ŠKOFJA LOKA HILLS. THE HIGHEST TOPS WHERE CHAMOIS ARE HUNTED ARE LUBNIK 1025m AND TOŠČ 1021m. THEY ARE SURROUNDED BY BEAUTIFUL STEEP MEADOWS OF MOUNTAIN FARMS AND MIXED FORESTS, RICH WITH ROE DEERS, CHAMOIS AND WILD BOARS. THROUGH OUR HUNTING AREA, FLOWS RIVERS POLJANSKA SORA AND SELŠKA SORA, BOTH RICH WITH FISHES, THE SURROUNDINGS OF WHICH ARE AN IDEAL HOME OF WATER BIRDS. WE OFEER OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PHOTO HUNT ENTHUSIASTS.

THIS YEAR, THE ŠKOFJA LOKA HUNTING FAMILY, ORGANISES OUTSTANDING HUNTING ADVENTURES IN THE INTACT NATURE OF ŠKOFJA LOKA HILLS.

ROE DEER:
-The roe deer buck is hunted from May 1 to October 31.
-The doe and fawns of both sexes are hunted from September 1 to December 31.

CHAMOIS:
-Billies, nannies and young of both sexes are hunted from August 1 to December 31.

For more informations visit our web site: http://ldskofjaloka.wixsite.com/ldskofjaloka
and send us your questions or requests.

We wish you a lot of exceptional hunting experiences.

Chamois are my nemesis, only major species I have done a hunt for where I have repeatedly struck out (although I have been successful at other animals on the same trips). 3 countries and 2 different continents and still haven't had a hunt come together, but no lack of trying! And met some very fine folks along the way too.

If you happen to return to this forum I'd be curious to what sub species of Chamois do you hunt?

One thing you may have difficulty with selling hunts are Americans are not used to sliding scales based on trophy weight, you may want to post examples if you set trophy fees like this. Some European outfitters/agents now quote a flat fee for first animal based on what is typical when marketing in US.

Also suggest adding an English translation to your website.

For those not knowing what I'm talking about.....

Typical the clean skull and horns are weighed in many places. How many Grams or Kilo's determines how good the animal scores, and a trophy fee is based on the weight; here in the US we use a tape measure, similar idea. As such is is imperative to hunt with very trustworthy outfits to not be taken advantage of. An unfortunate out come of this can be whopper trophies are VERY expensive; and if you happen to stumble into one you may not be able to afford to take it! But an honest outfitter will know what he has and one can base decisions on those numbers before a hunt.

God I love hunting Africa.......but Europe is some damn fine place to find oneself with a rifle!

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1