Need help -Craftsman 16" variable speed scroll saw

I picked up a Craftsman variable speed 16" scroll saw a few weeks ago. It takes pinned and straight or pinless blades. My issue is that for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the pinless blades to stay in the blade holders. It is a model 113.236150. I have the manual and it might as well be in French ( I took Spanish) and couldn't find anything on the net. If anyone has any experience with these saws, I am all ears please. Thanks for looking. Ill add pics in a minute. 

I recently picked up a scroll saw myself by DeWalt.. It only takes pin-less blades, not sure how your saw handles both types of blades? Just got done building a stand for it, Nice addition to my shop.

Resized_20170525_085139_zpsgr0sc7ii.jpeg

• Like 1

Its been a LONG time, but somewhere along the line I used one of these.

Not sure but try this IIRC....in your second pic; that square block on the blade holder needs to be reversed. Right now the little notches line up to take pin blades; flip that clamp block so that the notch is to the back on the machine. You need to switch the bottom clamp block too. I think you'll need to tilt table to access that. I think that'll allow you to put a squeeze on the blade.

I have an older cast iron saw, similar in you needed to change clamping system to go between both styles.

• Like 1

Dinsdale, That's what the manual was trying to say and I tried that tonight but it still didn't seem to want to hold. As I twist the tension knob, the blade slips and I used the annoying allen wrench to tighten it as well. And yes the bottom needs to be done with the table tilted. I will try it again tomorrow and see if I get better results. Thank you for the tip.

Nice saw Maytom and even nicer stand. Someday ill upgrade but this Craftsman is like a Dewalt compared to the Dremel one I had. 

Dinsdale, THANK you again for the tip. I messed with it some more this evening and figured it out I think. I did test it and it worked without slipping out once under tension and I made some cuts. You were correct in removing the left side blade holder block and then turn it around so the flat side versus the v notched side is facing inward. Replace the screw and tighten up and it held. Kind of a pain in the a$$ if doing fret work as it isn't a quick process to loosen, slip in the drill hole, line up, and tighten again. I did try that last night before posting, but not sure why it didn't hold then but today it did. 

• Like 1