Taxidermist around Westchester NY

StevieSacs

Anyone have any recommendations of a Taxidermist around Westchester/ long island?

I used Kurt Fox before, but want to try someone different.  A few guys said Jeff Sweet up in Saugerties.  I've also heard of the Jonahs brothers.

Thanks!
Steve 

Kurt or nothing! Unless its a fish in which case I use Mike Swagamaker. He's the best fish guy I know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, StevieSacs said:

Anyone have any recommendations of a Taxidermist around Westchester/ long island?

I used Kurt Fox before, but want to try someone different.  A few guys said Jeff Sweet up in Saugerties.  I've also heard of the Jonahs brothers.

Thanks!

Steve 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, The Jerkman said:

Kurt or nothing! Unless its a fish in which case I use Mike Swagamaker. He's the best fish guy I know

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Same. I have only used Kurt Fox.

I am not a fan of the work I have seen done by Jonas (Brewster). I don't know for sure, but believe they just bought the name "Jonas" but are not the actual family.

Anyway, I have heard and seen good things done by Kevin's Taxidermy just over the border in CT. http://www.kevinstaxidermy.com/

I am not a fan of the work I have seen done by Jonas (Brewster). I don't know for sure, but believe they just bought the name "Jonas" but are not the actual family.
Anyway, I have heard and seen good things done by Kevin's Taxidermy just over the border in CT. http://www.kevinstaxidermy.com/
I've only used Kurt Fox as well . My family owned the deli across the street from his studio for 20 years.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I just called Kevin's Taxidermy and may give them a try with the 7 that I just got.   Fox does great work, just had one or two issues and wish they were little more organized.   Thanks for the heads up!

21 minutes ago, StevieSacs said:

I just called Kevin's Taxidermy and may give them a try with the 7 that I just got.   Fox does great work, just had one or two issues and wish they were little more organized.   Thanks for the heads up!

Good Luck! If you check the bowsite forum (Connecticut sub-forum), you will find some good reviews on them. I assume you froze the head/cape?