Whats your best bow hunt ?

Bowshotmuzzleloader

A few years ago I was sitting on the couch on a Sunday my brother-in-law said why aren't you hunting I thought to myself I'm not sure so I went to one of my favorite spots not a half an hour into the hunt  I had a doe come out of the swamp  followed by a buck, that day I happened to bring my decoy with me and stuck it in front of my stand which was exactly 28 yards once I saw the doe I started to grunted a few times the doe came across the clearing and got all freaked out by the decoy she came straight at it stomped her foot  ran over at a 45° angle and then busted off into the swamp and I thought oh great I just blew it, the buck watch the whole thing unfold, meantime he walked over to a cedar tree a 100 yards across the field and started rubbing a cedar tree, he was moving this 14 ' foot cedar tree back-and-forth Rubbing it when he was done he made his way across the clearing to the decoy approaching from the left side he turned came hit the decoy with his horns and sent it flying  about 15 feet in the air with no effort at all making it fly apart, as he turned around to make another pass at the decoh my only other shot that I had I smoked him ,he ran fullbore and smashed into the tree that I was sitting in, the whole tree swayed and I thought holy crap  he was on the ground 5 feet from my tree and all the sudden he picked his head up and I knocked another arrow and stuck it in him which wasn't needed but felt necessary at the time, thinking to myself, oh my god did this really just happened.

This is his rack on the top a scaper for sure my most memorable hunt wish I had filmed it ..

IMG_1250.JPG

• Like 2