sausages in my masterbuilt smoker

tommyc50

hey guys im in heaven, bought 2 boston butts 7lbs and 4 lbs. I had a total of 8 lbs after i removed the bones[ saved them for sunday gravy and pasta fazool] and skin  saving as much fat as i could[ im a pretty good half ass butcher]. I searched the web and came up with 2 recipes one for  kielbasa and one for Italian sweet sausage. I had 4 lbs of each ground up in my grinder. Well i even impressed  myself they both came out awesome .I tasted samples to check the seasoning . Now i go  and start  my smoker and i had an error it said eaa1 so i call masterbuilt no dice they are only open weekdays . Aaah brainstorm i googled it and sure as anything i get my answer .Theres a heat element  inside the unit and some guy said hit it with a hair dryer and BINGO it worked. It was really cold the last few days sop it had an effect on it .I will show pics and up date how the kielbasa comes out from the smoker. Im lovin' this having so much fun and im getting flash backs making sausage wit my dad no electric machine. I was the motor for the crank .

• Like 3

update heres my sausages i made .In anther post i made jerky in my masterbuilt smoker. Im learning as i go along. One thing  i found with the wood chips its the law of diminishing returns too much and they dont burn i emptied . i also learn you cant smoke with too high a temp the kielbasa came out awesome but the skin was alittle tough [ i go to greenpoint .bklyn for it so i know good kielbasa i work there]. But its fun to learn and i make the recipes my own like for instance i added pepperika  to my sausage just alittle i like the red color.no flavor really. I couldnt believe all that meat and this all i wound up this.Oh yeah another think i found out when its cold out the unit has a hard time keeping the temp up so i had to play with that too On the unit there's a probe that you stick in the meat and it tells you the temp of the meat you need it any where from 152 deg to 165 depending on what you are smoking.

0204181037.jpg

0204181035.jpg

0204181038.jpg

• Like 5