Suggestions for low poundage arrows please!

Arcade Hunter

Also not trying to be mean but please please please do not hunt until you get this sorted out. In my humble opinion that group is not even close to what you should be shooting to be in the woods, especially if you were aiming at the center of the target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chefhunter, I am working on the situation diligently and have made great progress.  Today I am getting new arrows.  I have been shooting what arrows I have laying around, three different models to be exact.  This fact is not helping me at all.

I will be in the woods because Ill have this sorted out completely.  You are the first in this thread that did not offer a suggestion, so why would you say anything at all if you cant help?  I'll take the high road and thank you for your concern.

Edited by Arcade Hunter

So, here's what I've done since posting last.  I did select the arrows that I will hunt with this year.  I stayed with CE mayhem hunter 250's.  I was shooting 350's but felt they were a little bit too heavy.  The 250's have been passing through my cube target on occasion.  I like them.

I tampered with my draw length.  I went from 31.5 to 30, then to 29.5.  29.5 feels pretty good to me but most of my shots are right, not all, but most.

I added a nock ring, lightly crimping it on so I could move it as needed.  I felt another anchor point will only help.  Found the right spot and crimped it down.  The nock point rests at the corner of my mouth.  Through experimentation, I had to change my anchor point where the string rests on my nose.  Things are getting more consistent now.  Resighted it in last evening only needing to correct for left and right.  Elevation never changed.

Shot 2 groups of 3 at lunchtime today.  Both groups I was getting fatigued by the third shot as I did not rest in between shots.  The first two arrows of both groups were nearly touching at 20 yds.

Tonight at the Academy, Ill shoot out to 30 yds and make sure that is going well.

first group.jpg

second group.jpg

• Like 2