Team Legend 2018

First-light

• 2 weeks later...

So the boys up at the cabin saw a few but no shooters during the last weekend of bow. We got up there Sunday and continued the hunt. I didn't see much 2 doe 1 5 pt and a button buck. My brother saw twin buttons that werelike puppies in the woods! I stalked one of the buttons to 20 yards it was cool. So opening day comes and we have 14 inches of snow. It continued to snow right through Sunday giving us another 3 inches. It was tough hunting. My Niece managed to tag out with "Red" a 5 pt we named because of his reddish coat. It was her first buck. I saw from the honey hole a doe with two small fawns. They just appeared under my stand. With all the snow you have to have your head on a swivel. I saw a real nice grey looking buck out far for a few seconds and then it vanished. About an hour later along came my buck. About 100 yards. Didn't know what it was until it turned its head. The only shot I had was a neck shot and I took it. Put him down in his tracks. An inch lower he lives. We also encountered two coyotes running yearlings. You wouldn't believe how quick they are. My brother saved a young doe from them by shooting the first one. Pretty crazy. Enjoy the picts! 

jpeg-imag.jpg

jpeg-imag copy.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

• Like 2

Brother and nephew are at the cabin. They didn't see anything Friday after Thanksgiving but ran into this guy Saturday morning. 7 pt. We have a guy who keeps record of deer killed in our area. Last year 8  8pts were killed so far this season 8 7 pts! Crazy! 

IMG_4583.jpg

564759479.jpg

• Like 1