Tora! Tora! Tora!

Freytown

Talk about poor taste...this show should be boycotted by everyone. Anything to make a buck.
One reader states : "Id much rather see a recreation or Hiroshima and Nagasaki."

https://www.timesleader.com/news/724...r-re-enactment

Just a few days before Veterans Day, Pocono Raceway has announced it will bring a day that will live in infamy to life at the Long Pond track.
The track announced in a press release and on its website on Thursday that it will host an air show on Aug. 24 and 25 in 2019.
As part of that show, there will be an historic re-enactment of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

A group calling itself Tora! Tora! Tora! will preform the re-enactment. It will feature 61 pyrotechnic features, including a 2,000-foot wall of fire and up to 12 aircraft. The surprise Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941, drew the United States into World War II and killed 2,335 American military personnel.

If they got themselves a B-17 and a Lancaster they could do the Dresden firebombing re-enactment.

Fairly uncommon at small shows to get Japanese WW2 vintage planes; roughly 10 Zero's are flight worthy in the world. I think there is only one matching numbers plane, all the rest are assembled with multiple parts from many air frames.

Interesting story on capturing a Zero and the intelligence gathered helped allied pilots who feared the plane and pilots to this point (book mentioned is a good read);

https://www.history.com/news/the-akutan-zero-how-a-captured-japanese-fighter-plane-helped-win-world-war-ii

You tube a Ronald Reagan video of him playing a pilot recognizing what a Zero looks like.

I see Davis Windmiller is also scheduled; get a chance to see him he is hell of a pilot (nice guy too).

Interesting to me that an almost 50 year old film has enough name recognition to use still; glad they don't name it after that horrible CGI effects "Pearl Harbor" flick.

You may note that CAF has been running this particular show for years and allows WW2 Vets in free to their own productions; they have north of 130 airworthy planes IIRC.

The modified Japanese painted T-6 Texans date back to that film and have been used for almost every representation on screen for WW2 aircraft since then.

Always been an aircraft fan; trough a friend and contacts, I cut Sitka Spruce parts for some WW1 and WW2 plane restorations back some years ago when I was running shop full time; cool fun to see old birds fly again. Always say that all the money I have wasted on hunting home and abroad I should have spent on flying. LOL

Any thoughts that Ford is no longer making cars as the dirty Japs Accord and Camry have sunk their profitability?

What a kick in the nads.......J/K