New Deer Dropper

DanD

Awesome choice. I like 35 Remington myself, as it is more powerful and better for bigger black bear (peace of mind) but 30/30 is just as awesome. No round has killed more whitetail. Marlington quality control is much improved, i will be getting one soon.

Hahahaha the reason I stashed away the 30/30 is I got a 35 rem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Talk to me about the difference between the two. 30/30 doesnt suck, is actually great for deer. But what do you like/dont like about 35 Rem?

Bigger round more knock down. Figured the 30/30 would be a great first deer rifle for my kid and it was a excuse to get a new gun

10 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Bigger round more knock down. Figured the 30/30 would be a great first deer rifle for my kid and it was a excuse to get a new gun

Works for me i agree. On my lease i probably wont be shooting out past 75 so i love the 35, and it is a big heavy slow moving bullet so it is not affected as much by branches and twigs

2 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

That’s all true too, I shot my buck opening morning with the 35 at right around 100 yards the shot was a little father back then I would have liked and the deer still only went about 50
Yards

Thats a boy! Very underated cartridge. People choose 30/30 for ammo availability, and it is a valid point for sure. For me though that is not really an issue, capital gun group here in the capital district always has it in stock. I really like Hornady Leverrevolution, awesome balistics. They always carry it.

Thats a boy! Very underated cartridge. People choose 30/30 for ammo availability, and it is a valid point for sure. For me though that is not really an issue, capital gun group here in the capital district always has it in stock. I really like Hornady Leverrevolution, awesome balistics. They always carry it.

That’s what I was shooting!