DIY Turkey Tube Call

I found a way to make my own turkey tube call using an empty motrin bottle, a latex glove, plastic cup, rubberband, and a hot glue gun.

Cut the bottom of the motrin bottle using a scissors. Take the plastic cup and cut it into a portion that you can flatten out. Turn the motrin bottle (opening end) down and draw a circle onto the plastic cup. Cut out the circle from the plastic cup and then cut it in half. Using the hot glue gun attach the semicircle piece of plastic onto the top lip of the top opening of the motrin bottle. Once dried, take a latex glove and cut out a 2x3 inch piece. Stretch the latex over the other half of the opening where you attached the plastic piece and secure it with a rubberband. Make sure to leave a slight gap for air to pass through. Be careful not to stretch the latex out too tight otherwise the only call you can make will be a kee kee run. For a raspier call, double up the latex and then stretch it over the half opening. Test out the call by pressing your upper lip against the latex and form a seal with the bottom lip and blow just like you would use a mouth call. Best way is to start blowing the word "shuck" or "chuck". Once you get the sound and pitch you want, then you can trim any excess latex and dress up the bottle with some camo tape. Below is my finished product which took about 20 minutes to make.

post-1257-0-43234500-1317768334_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-61896300-1317768357_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-96873900-1317768381_thumb.jp

• 7 months later...