Peloton Bike

Deleted Account

So, just a quick check-in on this. We got our Peloton bike a little over 2 weeks ago, and since all of the gyms are closed, I'm glad we did. 

I haven't missed a day since we got it, I try to do 2 rides a day, 1 class, and 1 scenic ride, burning 500-600 calories on it per day.

As of this morning, I'm down 8lbs, and did have to take my belt in a notch today. If anyone was on the fence about one, I would recommend it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

So, just a quick check-in on this. We got our Peloton bike a little over 2 weeks ago, and since all of the gyms are closed, I'm glad we did. 

I haven't missed a day since we got it, I try to do 2 rides a day, 1 class, and 1 scenic ride, burning 500-600 calories on it per day.

As of this morning, I'm down 8lbs, and did have to take my belt in a notch today. If anyone was on the fence about one, I would recommend it.

Great job on the weight loss. Real question is if it's worth it over the less expensive generic stationary bikes?  Are you losing weight simply by exercising or would you attribute it to the Peloton brand specifically?  I am thinking of getting one myself.

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

Great job on the weight loss. Real question is if it's worth it over the less expensive generic stationary bikes?  Are you losing weight simply by exercising or would you attribute it to the Peloton brand specifically?  I am thinking of getting one myself.

Nope, I know it's not specific to the brand, probably a mix of the convenience of it compared to the gym and being home. 

I'm not a competitive person at all, but am pretty intrinsically motivated, I like to push myself toward a goal, as dumb as it sounds, there are a lot of badges and challenges incorporated to keep you pushing. They also have the leaderboard if you are competitive.

I was really in the fence, and wouldn't have even thought about getting one of it weren't for my wife wanting one. However, I don't regret it a bit.

• Like 1