I've been hesitating to comment on this, but I'll throw a few out. I will say I don't think Trump is stupid, however, I don't like him, and I don't support most of his agenda. I know many on here will disagree with me, and that is fine, I have no issues.
1. The biggest thing against Trump for me is that I don't like him. I don't like how he treats people. I don't like how he sells his ideas. I don't see him as a leader, I don't see him as a positive representation of the best of our country on the world stage. He talks too much, and most of what he says is false, misleading or plain preposterous.
2. I think the tax cuts were short sighted and slanted towards the wealthy. The individual tax cuts end in 2025, while business cuts are perpetual. The cuts have exploded the national debt.
3. I didn't care for his supreme court picks. Being left on many social issues, I did not support either Gorsuch or Kavanaugh because of their hard conservative records. Not knocking anyone for being on the other side, but it's where I stand.
4. I think the wall was a stupid piece of red meat to fire up his base. It's a lot of money for something that is pretty widely regarded as ineffective.
5. Our country is more divided on politics now than it has ever been. Need proof, just cruise through this sub-forum. I miss the days when people could accept differences and work on commonalities. Trump is a product of this division, and he knows it. It got him elected in 2016, and it is his primary driver for 2020. I would really like to get past the "us vs. them" mentality and back to sense of normalcy. Now, I understand that this division is driven hard from both sides, but Trump plays the game as well as anyone.
6. I think his response to the Corona Virus, early on was terrible. Sure they lean hard on the "he shut down travel", but he also went on TV saying that we were safe, we are at 15 cases headed to 0, that the virus would disappear, promoted unproven and dangerous treatments. I really thought at one point he was backing off and letting the experts kind of take control, but he's back out there refusing to demonstrate good leadership, not wearing a mask and pushing dangerous ideas.
This is just a short list, I'm sure there are more reasons that I could list if I thought about it, but it really all boils down to the fact that I don't like him, and I will not be voting for him in 2020. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, and I respect the opinions of those of you who support him. I'm sure my 6 points will be ripped to shreds by those who like to "debate" on here, but I really don't care to respond, so type away you keyboard patriots
Take care everyone!