Bellmorekennels finally goes rabbit hunting, sorry NO Pics!

Well guys got out today for first time, went to new gun clubs i belong to in NY, and had a really nice day!! Forgot my camera, so was a little upset, sorry guys.

Went like this ,830 am. pulled up to a farm where they plant clover, dogs went 20 yds into a thicket and the race was on, (i was thinking too easy, deer for sure), but with 5 minutes the rabbit basically jumped out less than 5 yds from me, too close, so let him go, dogs ran him for another 10 minutes, and he holed up.

Walked another 50 yards, another jump, never seen him, but they ran for 20 minutes or so , at which time a bow hunter came walking towards me, so I called in the dogs on a loss ,turned out he wasnt even part of gunclub, and was upset that guys ruin his hunt, I leashed the dogs out of respect, but truthfully he didnt park in designated parking area for club, so the was no way for me to know he was there, but I am sure he was there since first light so, I moved on to another spot, but I found An awesome spot to return to.

About 11 am pull up to another spot with same gun club, all corn fields (200 acres or so) with rows and irrigation rows with thickets and swampy brush, again right out of truck a jump, again i think too easy, maybe a fox. Again ,wrong, see the rabbit 200 yds away, they turn him coming right for me , less than 30 yds away they pounding smash.gifsmash.gif , I see nothing so now I am saying GREAt, ghost trailing or backtracking, then right in front of me, my male PUP E pushes him out of a thicket almost caught him, now too close to dogs , NO Shot, again they go out to 350 yds on my gps, and they loose him, maybe holed up or maybe lost him in corn, either way 45 minute run.

We move opposite direction and jump another , run lasts 20 minutes in te corn, I never see him, and they loose him in the corn, Oh well , that is the way it goes.

Again no rabbits in the bag, BUT, another new great spot , and spoke to farmer, once groung freezes, they will cut corn, at which time , I WILL BE BACK..

Did also scout 2 other spots ,but brush was almost upto my chest, so did not even put dogs down, will have to waite for frost or snow, but anothr nice looking spot!!

I get my kids some pumpkins and apples and donuts, and head home, NO RABBITS, but feel like I just bagged my limit!!

http://www.bellmorekennels.com