The hunting gods blessed me...

growalot

With a clean miss on a doe ...why I'm in so early.....

I say this because even though I really wanted her...I had decided to use a new broad head...a mechanical

Now I bought these 2yrs ago and took one out and practiced with it....but the idea I could hit bone and it would only wound bothered me...so I left the other two in the package...Well you never know unless...so I nocked an arrow with one at the tip....SPIDER 100gr....

First she was coming in with a fawn in tow and crossed the beds that a 6pt and a spike...that had walked under the stand earlier and just left...now full alert...she starts to follow the trail to me...I go to draw my bow as shes behind a tree....caught on the bow rest hanging off my belt...what the He!!....now she's out of that lane and I refocus.... draw and start bending focusing on a spot I see she'll walk into....but she's picked up her pace and the surprise of her hitting the lane so fast my finger barely brushes the release .. which I had no intention of doing....that arrow about wiped the snot off her nose ...needless to say she took of snorting but only a little ways....she spent the next 15mins pacing around 40 yrds out stomping bobbing and snorting...for the whole county to her....and I could not be happier!!!...a clean miss for 1 and couple that with retrieved arrow...the O ring was half way down the shaft....and the blades....never deployed on impact...So some one was looking out for both that doe and me.......practice arrows...always go and stay with your gut instincts