Thought you guys might like this one

eagle rider

I'm told is the real deal.....

Josiah Cross, Texas Ranger, Clairmont Garrison Supervising Ranger, Ret. (a letter found in his desk drawer the morning following his retirement roast)

Things that I found helpful by living this long and being honored to stand, work, friend and fight shoulder to shoulder with the Texas Rangers for 35 years. If you ever need my services, I'll be drunk in my goose blind. In the meanwhile contemplate my advice below. I will miss all of you, but don't be strangers. Show up at my cabin with your goose guns, dogs and finest bourbon.

Josey Cross, T.R. Ret.

The purpose of fighting is to win.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either... The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An old Ranger was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm ‘Ranger, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'

7. Beware the man who only carries one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

8. Second place in a gun fight is first loser. Hopefully the undertaker has the skills needed so your casket can be opened for your family and friends.

9. The round comes before the sound,.... Always keep a loaded chamber.

10. I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, of course it is loaded, it can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No not at all, I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.'

The last bit of advice I can offer,.....

11. Never get into a poker game with a guy named after a city.

Edited by eagle rider
  • Like 1