help with a mini thirty

RobC

my gun is not cycling. after the shot the bolt won't come back to eject the spent case and load the next. I've tried different bullets and clips. it fires then I manually have to pull the bolt back to eject and reload which it will do fine manually. it's clean and oiled. I just bought the gun and has aftermarket parts. including butt stock. I've seen online models starting with 196 we're not semi but also seen that was b.s. anyone have any ideas?

Rob... I have no hands on experience with the mini 14/30/ranch rifle, but I have read a fair amount about them..

One thing for sure...If your rifle does not cycle semi-auto, there is something wrong with it.. For sure there were no Mini 30s designed to function as a straight pull bolt action. My best guess would be that your gas ports need cleaning, but that is only a guess.

I would recommend contacting Ruger first, and if they don't fix it, contact a good gunsmith.

Good luck...

Edited by Pygmy

I called rueger this morning and all they could say is to send it in. I really don't like the idea of sending it out though. all I can think is it will get lost or take months to get back. any suggestions on gunsmiths in the south towns. I'm from perrysburg about 30 miles south of buffalo.