tree stand questions....

firehunter48

and vice versa, a tall hunter with his knees up in the air around his ears wont be worth a hoot after 20 minutes either. Our ladders are labeled left right hand and height so I can tell immediately where and what stand a certain hunter will be able to use comfortably and for long times, also the 2 man ladders with FULL flooring are often taller seats and are more solid, important for hunters who do not like heights,

I would suggest calling some guides and hunters in your area and asking them to try their stands out. Best way to see if it fits is test drive them.

Heres my 2 cents on treestands. I hang about 25 stands a yr. Over the past several years we have been slowly upgrading all the stands away from all those $29 small hang-ons. With age, some back issues and a hunting style that requires all day sits through much of the season, large comfortable stands are priority now. My new favorite hang on is a Rivers Edge Big foot xlt. I will be buying another this year. It has everything i like in a stand. Big platform with footrest, solid flip-up seat,(sling seats are too noisy in frosty weather) and the best part is the arm rests which you can remove for bow or better yet, cam them in three different positions. Normal, straight off to the side, or straight back toward the tree. Brilliant design. Check them out if you have not seen them. When looking for ladder stands, i like solid seats that flip and platforms with footrests and extend all the way back to the tree. Standing with your back up against the tree trunk will greatly improve you shot opportunities on approaching deer as opposed to sitting or standing like a big blob two feet off the tree trunk.